h g

Thursday, February 25, 2010

The cuteness

It's that time of year again. I lose my garage for the next 3 months, first to Madeline's fair pigs, then to chicks, and then to chicks again.

The garage is attached to the house, and I can tell you that 10 piglets make my house smell way worse than 150 baby chicks. Fortunately for the piglets, their extreme cuteness redeems them. Today they were enjoying a nap in a patch of sunlight.



Can you even believe those eyelashes?



But my favorite was this guy. Oy, the cuteness!




1 year ago:

The layer pullet chicks are still the most interesting thing going around here.

5 Comments:

Blogger Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

Cute is right...oh my gosh, how sweet!
XOXO
Joni

Thursday, February 25, 2010 8:40:00 PM  
Blogger QuiltedSimple said...

Baby piglets have to be the cutest! How many will she show at the fair? We are only allowed to show 1 pig per kid, but we have over 300 pigs in our fair - which is a real bummer....
Kris

Friday, February 26, 2010 6:28:00 AM  
Blogger sugarcreekfarm said...

They can take up to 5 to fair - derby barrow & gilt, market barrow & gilt, and pen of three. The rest she sells to our customers. That would be a bummer to only get to take 1!

Friday, February 26, 2010 9:41:00 AM  
Blogger Patti said...

I must be getting old because I get to attached. Glad I can buy my pork from you ;)

Friday, February 26, 2010 8:29:00 PM  
Blogger QuiltedSimple said...

Yep - all the kids here can take is 1 market hog, 1 market steer, 1 lamb and 1 carcass steer as far as market animals go. We don't have pen of 3 on ANYTHING. She could take 2 heifers and 1 feeder calf, but the heifers show at the same time as the market hog - which makes things tricky:)

Saturday, February 27, 2010 10:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home