h g

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Duck rainbow

The msucovy ducks I have presently are quite the pretty rainbow of colors!

I have a couple that are white with brownish heads and tail feathers.





This drake is grayish white with a gray head.



This one is a pretty chocolate color with striking white wings.



A pretty rippled chocolate-slate mixed coloring shows up in some of them.



And then there's the rippling in a pure chocolate color, with some white showing up in the wings again.



A pretty bluish slate.



And one of my favorite drakes, black with a greenish shimmer and white wings. It was one like this that those idiot boys shot this winter.



Which one is your favorite?


3 years ago:

And everyday losses

Watch horse

Photo Friday: Rural

6 Comments:

Blogger Laughing Orca Ranch said...

My favorite is the blueish slate. And I like her head and eyes, too. Very gentle and feminine face, that one.

Sunday, February 24, 2008 10:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the slate too, but I'd take them all!! ;)

Monday, February 25, 2008 7:42:00 AM  
Blogger Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Hey! I found something today and immediately thought of your farm with the recent piglet arrival:

The Small Farmers Higher Standards and Welfare Equals Fairer Prices Bacon News Article
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/oukoe_uk_britain_bacon_song

Pigs Are Worth It Website
http://www.pigsareworthit.com/

And the new pop sensation "Stand by Your Ham!"
http://www.pigsareworthit.com/standbyyourham.html

Monday, February 25, 2008 12:19:00 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I hope you don't mind that I stopped by your blog. I must say that your ducks are all pretty.
Have a nice day

Monday, February 25, 2008 3:33:00 PM  
Blogger sugarcreekfarm said...

twinville - you're right, she is a very feminine hen! I like her, too.

fm - catching them might be a problem if you tried to take them :)

twinville - thanks for the links. Good reading!

sharon - I'm happy you did stop by!

Monday, February 25, 2008 10:57:00 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

Such sweet babies!!...A couple of thoses brownish hens were raised by a chicken. The green drake takes after his mom and the brown ducks after their dad..the white comes from the first three you got from the farm out west I think. If you have any ideas for direct marketing the young ones let me know. My dear honey will probably raise a buch again this yr.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 6:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home