h g

Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy 2010!



Happy New Year! I'm glad you all made it safely into 2010 :)

Rafe and I joined my grandma for the nursing home New Year's Eve party yesterday afternoon. With the Meitner Brothers band providing the music, Rafe took his great-grandma for a wheelchair spin around the dance floor. She loved it and was pumping her hands in the air like a teenager at a Hannah Montanna concert.



And then I was forced to do the chicken dance with the nurses.

No matter how you celebrated yesterday, I hope there was much laughter and fun and hope for the new year.

And chicken dancing.


1 year ago:

Happy 2009!

5 Comments:

Blogger Patti said...

We had a quiet day at home but I would rather be chicken dancing!!

Saturday, January 02, 2010 8:18:00 AM  
Blogger Christy said...

I did not chicken dance. Darn.

Saturday, January 02, 2010 10:00:00 PM  
Blogger sugarcreekfarm said...

Patti - the chicken dancing was about as wild as I got this New Year's Eve :)

Christy - there's always next year!

Saturday, January 02, 2010 10:52:00 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

There is no longer a 'Meitner Brother Band'....each "brother" has their own band....not sure what the name of that one was. Still good old-time music for the residents to enjoy!

Sunday, January 03, 2010 9:13:00 PM  
Blogger sugarcreekfarm said...

Barb - thanks for the clarification! I don't know what they called them since they'd already started before we arrived. Whatever the case, they were good, as always!

Monday, January 04, 2010 11:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home